The safety of both grocery store heroes and shoppers are of utmost importance to both our partners and the Flashfood team. It can be overwhelming to stay informed of everything that might be going on, so to help you stay in the know, here are messages from our partners on what you should know and do when visiting each respective store banner.
The information below is from April 2020, it is subject to change as the situation changes.
Banners under Loblaws include:
- Wholesale Club
- No Frills
- Real Canadian Superstore
- Atlantic Superstore
- Your Independent Grocer
- Provigo Le Marché
We’re focused on reducing contact and creating social distance between our colleagues and shoppers in order to help keep everyone safe. Here are some of the new measures you’ll see in store, plus other store-related news.
HOURS OF OPERATION
We’ve set aside 7am to 8am so that seniors and others who need extra help can shop. Our regular hours are 8am to 8pm, to give our colleagues some rest and to make sure the store is ready for you every day. Alcohol can be purchased from 7am to 8pm.
STORE CAPACITY LIMITS
To help with social distancing, your local store may limit the number of people allowed to shop at once.
To help limit contact, we won’t be accepting returns or exchanges, or bottle returns (only 18L water jugs and Soda Stream bottles will be accepted).
We’re limiting cash payment to customer service and one other checkout lane. We ask that you pay with debit or credit card when you can. We will not be offering cash-back at this time.
We’re in the process of installing plexi-glass dividers at checkout. And depending on the number of people in store, you may find only every other lane is open. Where we can, we’ll add colleagues to help bag and get you through quickly.
For safety, we’re using plastic bags only. Reusable bags and tote bins will not be accepted.
You’ll notice items around bulk bins and service counters are now pre-packaged for the time being.
Because we’re still catching up with inventory, we can’t guarantee flyer items will be in stock and we won’t be giving rain checks at this time.
We’re taking steps to help you, our colleagues, and our community, stay safe by enhancing cleaning efforts in stores, asking colleagues who aren’t feeling well to stay home, and working to ensure an adequate stock of most-needed items.
As you place your order with us, there are a few things we want you to know:
OUR WEBSITE MIGHT BE SLOWER
We are experiencing an exceptional volume of traffic to our website so you may experience slowness when navigating the site and placing your order.
YOUR WAIT TIMES MIGHT BE LONGER
Our wait times (in some cases) are longer than normal. We are working to provide more support in those stores and appreciate your patience as we find solutions.
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND LIMITS
You may receive more substitutions in your orders, given exceptional demand and limited in-store quantities. We'll inform you of the substitutions and you can choose if they are appropriate for your needs. Also, to allow all our customers the opportunity to shop, we may limit select items in your order to reduced quantities.
If you shop at our full-service locations & don’t want to interact with our colleagues, that’s fine! Simply open your trunk and we’ll load your groceries in, receipt and all.
If you shop at our self-service locations, you can continue to pick up your PC Express online grocery pickup order in-store at the designated pickup up location.
- Starting April 17, our weekly flyer will be digital only.
- PC EXPRESS PICKUP FEES HAVE BEEN WAIVED - Our prices will remain the same in store and online
- Online orders must be picked up in store.
Real Canadian Superstore
- Starting, April 16, our weekly flyer will be digital only. You can find it right here on the website and in the PC Optimum app.
- Online shopping is available for both delivery and pickup
- Dedicated shopping hours occur 7 am to 8 am every day for those who need it.
- Open from 7 am to 9 pm Monday to Friday
- 8am to 9pm Saturday
- Sundays will remain closed for the month of April
- Get contactless grocery delivery and get your order dropped off at your door.
- Choose pickup and we’ll put the groceries in your cart.
- For faster checkout, try shop & scan in the Meijer app. Scan and bag items as you shop. Scan the QR code at self-checkout to transfer items and pay.
- Use the pharmacy drive-thru. Or choose mail or delivery to get your prescriptions—where available. Call your Meijer pharmacy for details.
- Scan your personal mPerks barcode to skip the keypad at checkout.
- Asking customers to limit the number of shoppers per trip, while understanding that some customers may need additional assistance.
- Conducting daily health screenings and temperature checks of team members as they arrive at the store
- Temporarily suspending the weekly sales ad beginning April 12 to decrease customer count inside the store.
- Suspending the use of re-usable bags by customers in its stores unless they’re being used for the retailer’s Shop & Scan program.
- Discontinued accepting beverage containers for return at its Michigan stores.
- Temporarily removed Sandy the Pony from the front end of its stores.
- Implemented reduced shopping hours to support deeper cleaning overnight and re-stocking efficiency.
- Implemented dedicated shopping hours for senior citizens, customers with chronic health conditions and essential service workers.
- Encouraging use of the “express pay” option through the Meijer pharmacy enhanced text messaging program, which provides a contactless experience when picking up most prescriptions
- Offers free, same-day prescription delivery at all company-owned pharmacies
- Free, same-day delivery offered at Family Fare starting April 1
- To install point of sale sneeze guards in all retail stores, pharmacies and fuel centers
- Retail stores reserve time for older adults, pregnant women, immunocompromised store guests. Effective immediately, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7 and 9 a.m. will be set aside as reserved hours for vulnerable populations.
- Starting March 19, our new store hours will be 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, until further notice.
- All our Hy-Vee convenience stores will continue to operate under their normal hours at this time. Customers can continue to purchase snacks, fuel and other items at these locations. All dining areas in our stores, restaurants and convenience stores are now closed to the public.